September 23, 2011

Mainstream vs Minor-stream Movies



Last week I decided to watch the new movie RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES. I thought it was the sequel from the first movies Planet Of The Apes, but it seems that the movies had no connection at all. 


It's a Friday night at 6pm when I went to the Puri XXI to bought 2 tickets, for me and hubby. Lucky me, the cinema was pretty quiet, not many people around, so I got tickets in my fave seat. The tickets showing on 9.10 pm, thenI need to wait around 2-3 hours before the show began. To killing time, we decided to look something to eat for dinner.


After dinner, I prefered to wait in the cinema than walking around, afraid that I will buy something I dont need, hehe.
We sat on a bench near studio 1, where my movie was playing. At the next studio, they played TREE OF LIFE, starred by Brad Pitt. 


I almost persuade my hubby to watch this movie on Sunday, when 3 girls from inside the studio came out so quickly and grumbling. That's surprise me, and extracted me to overhear. The girls also sat next to my bench, raised the eyebrow and they said that : "What kinda movie is this" another also retort : "Why Brad Pitt like to play for movie like this?". Above all, I only heard their disappointment about this movie. Wow! How could that be? Luckily I haven't buy the ticket yet. It seems that a lot of people deceived by the poster of Tree of Life, which awarded Palme d'Or from 64th Cannes Film Festival, but someway very bored.




Perhaps like my friend's idea, the cinema should mention which one is the mainstream movies (box office) and minorstream movies (film festival). Because no one like to buy the ticket for something that they don't expect. We can't just think famous actor will always playing a box office movie. And when they don't, mostly will disappoint.
It's not that minorsteam always a bored and bad movie, but somehow if we already know, at least we will not expecting something boombastic, action or thriller in the scenario.
Especially for me, mainstream movies = cinema, minorstream = dvd. Hehehe...



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Newest Thought

Operasi Gigi Geraham Bungsu (Menggunakan BPJS 2020)

Hai semuanya, kali ini gue mau share tentang pengalaman gue operasi gigi geraham bungsu atas bawah, sebanyak 4 gigi. Yes, 4 gigi sekaligus! ...